For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Imperial College London. Our general policy on data protection (including codes of practice and further guidance) can be accessed on this website: //www.imperial.ac.uk/admin-services/legal-services-office/data-protection/our-policy/
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include (among other things) your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, Skype address, personal description, photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of the information
We will use information you give to us and information we collect about you in the following ways:
- to facilitate collaboration among members and exchange of ideas;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Imperial College London, our students, staff, or others.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data (if applicable) or you can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at NexGenAgriChem Admin.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other networks, organisations, funders, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request is subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.